Saturday 13 September 2008

Webele Uganda - Thank You

I have updated some chapters and put new photos in if you have read before, read again and spot the difference. There is an older posting tabs for the first few days. The video attached is a welcome dance by the Bunjako community in Mpigi district.

Back at work yesterday it was really nice that people I hardly knew were saying welcome back. I have been amazed by the amount of interest in the trip and now is an opportunity to build on that. As you will have gathered a major factor in the problems of Uganda is money. Every little bit that you can contibute helps. For YW Staff and pensioners there is the lottery. There is also payroll giving in many companies or you can donate through the Wateraid site on the link at the bottom of the page. Schools can join in the spends a penny campaign, details available through WaterAid. Or you can do your own thing no matter how small, the difference is real.

If you have any questions you can contact me at david.mcglinchey@yorkshirewater.co.uk can you please start your title "wateraid uganda", and please be patient as I may not be able to reply immediately.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Dea David,

Much appreciation for your moral and human support rendered to those in need. I read about your recent visit to Uganda and was vey much attached and I do wish to extend my heartfelt thanking to you and your family. You could have decided to take a break and go for a holiday in a warm and sunny place as many of us do but it needs a lot of devotion and bravery to forego all that for good cause.

I would like to be part of the supporting team to those who are in need. Luck enough, I am in Bradford and would be delighted to join the next team going for support mission.
Let us work for a better future

Emmy Karemera
emmyfuture@hotmail.com

SB said...

Dear David,

I've only now just come across your blogg and WaterAid Uganda whilst doing some research for a water project in other parts of Uganda. Your blog makes wonderful and interesting factual accounts that I have found to be very helpful and encouraging. I will endevour to make contact with you to seek advice please.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you and all your supporters for the work you are doing.