Monday 8 September 2008

Friday

This is William C Kasigwa (63) a gentleman that I had the pleasure of spending the day with. We left Masindi before dawn and travelled to Rwanjojo-Ntooma a rural area that has still to receive full support from the Local Council in Partnership with Wateraid.

We met with William and is nephew Sabitt Bosco. We worked in the morning digging a field, collecting water walking a two and a half mile round trip. The source was filthy water, basically a gap invegatation which exposed about a square metre of swamp water. William drank this water even though it made him ill.

I will detail a much fuller account when internet more reliable. But today has been a really important one in my life.The energy and fun of the people I met will stay with me forever, as will the fact that these people are ill and dying due to the lack of access to clean water and adequate sanitation

No comments: